Statement of Purpose
In order to effectively serve our employees and students, 1st Drive is committed to:
- Honoring the Lord in all we do by operating the company in a manner consistent with Biblical principles. Proverbs 16:11 "Honest scales and balances are from the Lord; all the weights in the bag are of his making".
- Offering our students quality training and exceptional value. 2 Corinthians 9:6 "Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously".
- Serving our employees and their families by establishing company policies and a work environment that build character, strengthen individuals and nurture families. Ephesians 6:7-8 "Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free".
- Sharing a portion of the proceeds with local charities and our community. 2 Corinthians 9:7 "Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver".
- We believe that it is by God's grace and provision that 1st Drive exists. He has been faithful in the past and we trust Him for our future. Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible".
Meet the Staff
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own".
- Matthew 6:34
Randy is originally a New Englander by birth but moved with his parents to central Texas in the late 70s. He graduated from high school in 1981 and joined the Air Force soon afterwards. After 11 years in the Air Force, he joined the Army as a Warrant Officer and eventually separated in 1996. He had assignments in Massachusetts, Texas, Colorado, United Kingdom, Georgia and North Carolina. Randy has been married to Melanie for over 30 years and has three children and four granddaughters. He has been a driving education professional since 2010; loves to cruise; loves visiting Disney World; watching the Bronco's play and enjoys collecting everything Monopoly.
"It's not bucket, it's Bouquet".
-Keeping Up Appearances.
Melanie grew up in a military family in which her dad served in the Air Force for 28 years. She graduated from Doherty High School in the late 1980's and married Randy in 1991. She loves her 4 granddaughters; her cat, Smokey; reading; watching her British TV shows and playing on-line games.
"Practice what you know and it will help to make clear what now you do not know".
Hello, my name is Jennifer Coan. I'm 26 years old. Outside of 1st Drive, I'm a digital artist as well as a gaming and art youtuber.
"What ever happened to the golden rule?"
-Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Heather is a native of Colorado from Denver. She graduated high school in 2008 and went on to be an EMT. She is a huge Styx fan and has seen 24 Styx concerts. Heather married her husband, Patrick, who is a former Marine, on St.Patrick's Day. They enjoy road trips and their two dogs Darla and Smeagol; a basset hound and a retired racing greyhound. Heather is dog crazy and would adopt every dog she could if given the chance.
“."With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them.
And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.”" -Revelation 21:3-5."
In addition to being a proud father of a teenage son, Jo has spent nearly a lifetime driving New York City's frantic streets. All of this training has helped him master the ability to keep a cool head no matter how chaotic things get.
Jo has the patience of a saint, and it shows.
His calm demeanor and remarkable empathy quickly ease the fears of nervous or anxious teen drivers. Jo is a tactful teacher who gives young drivers actionable, constructive feedback that boosts their confidence behind the wheel as he teaches them both the right way and the smart way to drive.
With him as your teen's professional instructor, you will be leaving them in the hands of someone who deeply cares about our community and the teenagers within it.
"Think the happiest things, it's the same as having wings."
- Peter Pan.
Shannon was born in Nebraska but raised in Europe (one of the many benefits of being an Air Force brat). She moved to Colorado in 2008 to be close to her Denver Broncos and to be within driving distance to the great Rocky Mountains. She has been a licensed cosmetologist for over 10 years and currently is a full time 5th grade teacher. Her hobbies include her new family and husband, bowling, off-roading in her Jeep Wrangler and anything Marvel. Proud dog mom to a white boxer called Khaleesi.
Favorite Scripture: .
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".
- Philippians 4:13
I am a wife and mother of 5. I have a great passion for God and country and playing with my grandkids. I also enjoy pickle ball and especially helping teens learn how to be safe on the road.